Peeps, we are having to put together a few changes to how we function and run The Little Silver Stream Wild Camping due to the current circumstances, but to enable us to open our gates again when allowed.
Many of you will have been to stay with us before and are aware of our pride in being able to offer you space and choice of where you set your camp up. This will not change you can still choose between meadow or woodland and have a fire. The changes are not just for our safety but also for yours.
I have just put the changes in a list form for ease of reading.
1. Booking is necessary.
2. Booking email, we need to know the following: how many adults/children/tents/Hammocks/Van /nights. Name of persons in charge of your party, address, telephone number, email and the reg number of your vehicle. Form available in the top headings you will have to copy it then paste on to an email.
3. You will need to bring your own drinking water. The standpipe by the toilets is safe for cooking, washing up etc.
4. It will be your responsibility to take your rubbish home to sort for recycling. *
5. Please bring with you hand sanitiser, loo roll etc. All children will need to be accompanied to the toilets due to their positioning and social distancing. The Facilities may be closed at somepoint during the week for deep cleaning.
6. Payment via bank transfer, the details will be sent to you with conformation of your booking. Obviously neither you or us will know how much wood you will use if you choose to have a campfire and if you choose to purchase it from us. (nets in the bin freely available for you to take when you need) I would ask you to keep a tally and add it onto your settlement at the end of your stay, please can this be done on your departure day but before you leave.
I do hope this all makes sense, I have tried to keep it as safe and simple as possible. None of us know how this is all going to go so we are very much having to play it by ear. I am afraid some things may change depending on how it all pans out. It is all going back to what camping used to be, boiling the kettle to wash your dishes at your tent perhaps top and tailing the kids ! Due to builders being in short supply we are looking to hire showers in which should be self contained it will be up to yourselves to use the disinfectant and cleaning materials before and after use. Hopefully these measures will enable peeps to come and enjoy some much needed space, peace and tranquillity at The Little Silver Stream.
*In previous times we have had to re-sort any refuse left even though we did provide bins. This meant that one of us manually had to go through it. Due to current circumstances we do not feel this is safe for us to do, so when packing your gear please remember that you will have to take your rubbish home with you to recycle.